Compliments of David’s Restaurants
Cheddar, Jalepeno + Buttermilk Biscuits
I've worked on this recipe for Cheddar, Jalapeño, and Buttermilk Biscuits for awhile now and finally feel like I have it perfected. It's simple to follow and will give you the chance to show off your baking skills at your next BBQ or whenever you want to treat friends and family to something savory.
Cheddar, Jalapeno + Buttermilk Biscuits
Yield: 24 X 2 ¼” biscuits
3 1/2 C Flour
¼ C Sugar
¾ T Baking powder
½ t Salt
1/2 # Butter—soft but still a little firm
¾ # Shredded cheddar
1 ea Jalapeño, brunoise (finely chopped)
2 T Chives, chopped
1 ½ C Buttermilk
Method of Preparation:
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well
- Mix in butter, cheese, jalapeño, and chives
- Add buttermilk
- Cut with dough knife then blend with your hands
- Turn out dough on floured surface, press out to ¾” thick, and cut into desired-sized biscuits
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet with at least 2” between biscuits
- Bake at 450° for eight minutes, turn baking sheet, and bake for four to five minutes more until slightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean
Hint: for a darker, shiny top brush biscuits with egg white or milk before baking.
This recipe is for personal use and enjoyment only.